Happy New Month! Welcome to the "ember" quarter of the year. So I am starting a Fashion DIY channel, I will always find a way to link it here on the blog, so watch out! Today, I will be showing a practical demonstration on how I transformed my bronze hoop earring, using African print "Ankara"
I have had this bronze earring for 5 years now, it started wearing off, then I tot to myself why discard it? Just transform it! So I got some pieces left from the Ankara material I made a dress from, and Viola a new earring was born!
- Ankara fabric (Quite Small to go round your earring or pieces from your tailors shop) make sure to select the pieces with lovely, regular pattern.
- A hoop earring
- Uhu gum (a garment friendly adhesive)
- Cut through the fabric vertically, long enough to go round the earring,
- Cut the tip of the already cutout vertical fabric into an inverted triangle shape, this is to make it tip smaller and easier to start wrapping at the beginning part of the hoop earring.
- Apply little amount of Uhu Gum to the tip of the fabric and start wrapping tightly and neatly,
- making sure the fabric overlaps neatly on the ends of each wrap
- When you get to the end of the hoop, apply the Uhu Gum and neatly seal the end, use a Scissors to neatly cut and effect the finishing.
The Finished Ankara Earring
You can follow me on Instagram for a full video on how I made this in one minute! @divaUju is my Instagram handle
Quote: Nothing Should really never go to waste! Use! Reuse! Recycle! and Use again! - Ethniques with Uju